Wind Power Factsheets
- AWEA Fact Sheets
The American Wind Energy Association's factsheets cover wind systems including modern technology, typical applications, frequently asked questions, production costs, and financial incentives for wind power across the country.
- Dispelling Common Myths about Wind Power
- Utility Scale Wind Energy Fact Sheet (PDF)
A dense briefing sheet on utility-scale wind energy
- Small Wind Systems and Property Value (PDF)
- Small Wind Systems and Safety (PDF)
- Small Wind Systems and Noise (PDF)
- Small Wind Systems and Economics (PDF)
- Small Wind Systems and Bird Mortality (PDF)
- A Siting Handbook for Small Wind (PDF)
This is an older guide to siting wind turbines that offers a good overview of wind power and its behavior in various terrain and weather conditions.
- Electricity from the Wind: What Landowners Should Know (PDF)
The AWEA article discusses some common issues and questions landowners face with large- and small-scale wind development. Some topics include: taxes, insurance, lease agreements, easements, and investment options.